Does Gabapentin interact with Ultracet?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 8 May 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My mom is 92 and has one kidney . Shes having really bad back pain and nerve pain down leg and groin area. She has high blood pressure. Also a fib ( usually controlled) .She has been taking Ultracet ( 37.5 mg Tramadol plus 375 Tylenol) and they prescribed yesterday 100 mg of gabbapentin (neurontin) for leg nerve pain. Is it ok for her to take both.?what might we watch for. Is taking both together ok. The Ultracet makes her sleep a little.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No.It should not cause any problem.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on HealthcareMagic,
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar, Neurologist, here to answer your query.

No.It is not usual that Gabapentin and Ultracet will cause any problem. She can take both. There is no significant interaction between them.

Mild sleepiness with Ultracet will improve soon.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions ,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)