Does GABA interact with DL-Phenylalanine and multivitamins?
Can you also tell me the best time of day to take GABA and what good things come from it. I've read possibly good for relaxing, sleep, weight loss, muscle gain, etc. How much can I take?
Following answers to your queries...
1. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is a neurotransmitter with the action of blocking the impulses between nerves cells in the brain.
2. It can be used as a supplement in cases of low natural GABA levels such as anxiety, chronic pain, epilepsy, mood changes.
3. Benefits of taking GABA include:
- increased tolerance to exercise
- improve mood/sleep
- increase growth of lean muscle mass
- help burn fat
4. With regards to interaction of GABA with 5HTP, DL-Phenylalanine and multivitamins, so far no interaction is reported due to lack of related reserch.
5. The dosage of GABA depends on various factors including: general health/other illness/deficiencies and after consulting with your doctor first. As you intent to use GABA for improving sleep, mood, etc; then, the normal dose is up to 650 mg/day (divided into three daily doses of 250mg).
Hope it answered to your queries! Feel free to ask any other question you might have.
Should be OK, avoid heavy drinking...
Should be OK. With regards to alcohol, so far no study to confirm bad interaction between them. However I always advise to avoid heavy drinking and drink less frequently,don't make a habit.
All the best!
Hope it will work for you
Personally, I always advise my patients to watch what they eat and do more physical activity in order to lose weight.
If they fail after trying for long and if other health problems are present, then can try alternatives like GABA. Only few studies have confirmed it's good effect in reducing weight.
Once again, although no side effect have been reported so far, you should take it with caution.
I hope it will work for you.
All the best!
I think GABA will help to increase metabolism more and extra muscle strength while also lowering any stress.
Please advise. Thanks for help.
Outdoor activities in fresh air to think over...
Thanks for providing extra info. From what you are saying, I can imagine you're conducting a quasi healthy life with exception of drinking beer occasionally and sitting for your job.
What I think you are missing is outdoor activities in fresh air to help your body metabolism. Can think it over.
For the moment can try GABA and see how it can help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug interactions with gaba
- Gaba and valium interactions
- Phenylalanine to amphetamine methods
- Xanax and gaba interaction
- Celexa interaction with gaba
- Gaba interaction with supplements
- Gaba herb interaction with prozac
- Phenylalanine nightmares
- Phenylalanine and mouth problems
- Phenylalanine to methamphetamine