Does Fucidin cream help to clear inflammatory acne?
Fusidic acid is not for acne; use either benzoyl peroide or clindamycin gel
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query and I have understood it.
Fucidin cream contains 2% fusidic acid.
It is not a specific antiacne topical though it may have some beneficial effect on inflammatory acne i.e acne that is red, painful and pustular.
Otherwise it is not expected to have much effect on acne.
Fusidic acid is mainly used for bacterial skin infections like boils, folliculitis.
For acne I would suggest either topical benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel or clindamycin 1% gel, to be applied once or twice daily.
Apart from these topical gels, oral antibacterials like either Doxycycline, Minocycline, Azithromycin can also be started for inflammatory acne i.e acne that is red, painful and pustular.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of inflammatory acne
- Drugs/medication for inflammatory acne
- Inflammatory acne causes
- Fucidin cream 2 chest acne
- Treatment and cure for inflammatory acne
- Fucidin cream used for acne scars
- Fucidin h cream for acne scars
- Fucidin h cream for acne marks
- Diagnosis of inflammatory acne
- Fucidin for acne