question-icon

Does Florajen cause delay in period?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: Hi!
I am currently 10 days past my expected period. I'm 30yo and have always had a fairly predictable cycle. I am not currently on birth control, I'm not pregnant, and the only thing that has changed is that I started taken Florajen about a month ago. I am showing no signs of my period coming anytime soon, either. Is it possible that the Florajen is causing this delay??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not due to Florajen.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Florajen contains bacteria lactobacillus acidophillus. It is not likely to cause a delay in the periods that you are having. This can be due to weight loss, improper diet, extensive travelling or a hormonal disturbance. If the pregnancy test is negative then it is best to consult your gynecologist and get hormonal tablets prescribed to have a withdrawal bleeding.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal (28 hours later)
Thank you.
I also suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, which has gotten worse over the past year, is it possible that my missed period is another effect of RA?
I know, I still need to visit a doctor, but money is tight and insurance is lacking, so I'm hoping for more insight via your expertise.
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to arthritis or weakness.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The delay in periods can be due to generalised weakness or related to arthritis. If the pregnancy test is negative then there is no need to worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN