Does Flexeril help in treating lower back muscle spasms?
Not a major contraindication, but better to avoid, can try with supervision
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Flexeril (with the active ingredients cyclobenzaprine) will help to relieve the muscle spasms you seem to be experiencing, but it is also true that they can worsen glaucoma and so should be avoided, but if the glaucoma is being regularly monitored then this medication can be tried.
Another option could be carisoprodol (soma), but should be taken for a short period of time and under a doctor supervision and prescription. I think it would be best to visit a pain management specialist for your presentation sir.
I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write to me for any further clarifications, I am here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to fake lower back muscle spasms
- Suffering from lower back pain due to muscle spasm suggestions
- Botox for back muscle spasms
- What causes painful muscle spasm in lower back
- Back and chest muscle spasm
- Bump on back muscle spasms
- Muscle spasms in stomach and back
- Post cabg back muscle spasms
- Which medication is recommended for muscle spasm in lower back
- Potassium for back muscle spasms