question-icon

Does Erythromycin interact with DayQuil?

Posted on Fri, 12 Feb 2016
Question: Can Erythromycin and Day Quill be taken the same day?I am allergic to sulfa, clindamycin and penicillin
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Best to avoid using them during the same day, 24-hour gap at least

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. There is a risk of interaction by using the two medications together, and so it is best to avoid using them together. There best be at least a days gap between the two, or visit a doctor so you can be supervised.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan