Does Eptoin interact with Zeptol, Acitrom and Dytor?
My father is 72 years old
Cardiac surgery done 10 years before.
Mitral valve replaced
Left huge Hernia
Piles problem is there
Already fits problem was there. Taken eptoin 100mg n zeptol 100 mg for 10 years.
Now deceased those dosages slowly and stopped both tablets before 6 months.
Now taking foll. medicines regularly
Calaptin 40 mg 1-0-1
Ecospirin 75 mg 0-1-0
Levipil 500 mg 1-0-1
Complete TD 1-0-0
Acitrom 4mg on Monday n Friday
Acitrom 3mg on other days
Now affected with cold since two months
Added foll. medicines
Doxolin 200 mg. 1-0-1
L Montus 0-0-1
Arbitel 20 mg. 1-0-0
Dytor 10 mg. 2-1-0
Natrise. 1-0-0 (if necessary)
Please advise me best medicines to replace the above
Find cause for cold and treat that . Most medications are justified
Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern .
As your father had a mettalic mitral valve replaced acitrom is a must , also considering that you are taking for a long time you must be maintaining the INR between 2 and 3 .
Ecosprin as blood thinner and levipill for fits is justified and in proper dosage , calaptin is essential to maintain heart beats in regular fashion and has to be taken , so in total your cardiac medications are in perfect sense and it's not justified to change it .
Now coming to importantly cough since last 2 months , It's important to find the cause , whether it's related to the heart or to the lungs ,
Dytor is a diuretic and given in most of the patients of valve replacement if the pumping is on lower side in 2 D Echo cardiography.
I am not in favour of doxophyllin 200 mg as it can increase the heart rate and should be avoided in heart patients , if indicated nebuliser or inhaler is a better and safer alternative .
Montus is for allergy and if present then only it should be taken
Arbitel is for blood pressure and would help making is heart strong so should be given to him .
Natrise helps to bring sodium up , which on sos basis is dangerous as sudden changes in salt is not justified and can be detrimental with serious complications , so if the sodium goes low ( it's because of Dytor ) either reducing the dose of the medication or Natrise only for short period as per your doctor is ok .
Do upload the reports so I can guide you better . Hoping I could help you .
Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug interaction between acitrom and metformin
- Usages of zeptol
- Interaction of antitubercular drugs with acitrom
- Interaction of eptoin with other tablets
- Eptoin and acitrome combination
- Difference between dytor and dytor plus
- Interaction of acitrom with antibiotics
- Drug interaction tab acitrom
- Acitrom and food interactions
- Omega 3 fatty acids interaction with acitrom
- Suggest remedy for atrial fibrillation and flutters after suffering from...
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes stabbing pain in chest radiating to back in a BP patient?
- Are BNP and pro-BNP values indicative of heart failure?
- Suggest treatment for vascular dehydration
- Is taking an overdose of Vyvanse fatal?
- What causes discomfort in chest, periods of breathlessness and anxiety?
- Suggest treatment for persistent premature ventricular contractions
- Suggest treatment for moderate LVSD
- What does my ECG test report indicate?