Does Effexor interact with Zoloft?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, I'm in XXXXXXX and ran out of Effexor and feel like robbing a pharmacy to gto have some Zoloft 100mg on me. What do I do? I've been off the the Effexor for 3 days and feel horrible. I happen to have sertraline 100mg on me beacause I used to take it 1 year ago. Would that that help with the withdrawals?

I feel like I have vertigo it's really awful.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can help

Detailed Answer:
Dear Joannah,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Since effexor is noradrenaline serotonin repute inhibitor and zoloft is serotonin repute inhibitor, zoloft can help to some extent duringg effort withdrawal.

75 mg of effexor is equivalent to to 50 mg of zoloft so it can be used during withdrawal of effexor.

I must acknowledge that it is not a perfect solution but can be used when there is no alternative available.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks again.