Does E-liquid nicotine show positive result for nicotine in ETG urine test?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I take random etg urine tests, I have started using E-cig vaporizers with e-liquid nicotine. One of the products in the liquid is propylene glycol, will it test positive on UA?

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,test will be positive.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Yes,test will be positive in urine test due to presence of nicotine.
Positive test is due to presence of nicotine.
E-liquid nicotine usually contain a mixture of propylene glycol,vegetable glycerin,nicotine and flavorings.

Some E-liquid preparation are free of nicotine then only it wouldn't be detected.

Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX