Does Dexorange syrup cause weight gain?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I AM ALREADY 83KGS IF I TAKE DEX-ORANGE AGAIN I WILL INCREASE WEIGHT WHAT TO DO? MY HEMOGLOBIN LEVEL IS ONLY 7.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It won't cause weight gain

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Dexorange syrup is an iron supplement and it is not going to cause weight gain to you.
It would just help in building up your hemoglobin levels.
Yes, it can lead to increase in blood sugar levels, if you are a diabetic. You may opt for Dexorange capsules instead of syrup in that case.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina