Does Desoxyn interact with Methamphetamine?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 28 Jan 2017 in Mental Health
Question: What could happen [family member ] has a prescription for Desoxyn 5mg daily but also smokes street meth. His Gen practitioner gives a standard random piss test to make sure he's taking his prescribed medicine, which is a few more as well. Do they initial test level or just presence? I am a certified DOT collector and they also did not follow any chain of custody.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
A standard urine drug screen only detects presence or absence of a drug, not the level. Levels can be drawn separately via a blood test.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 14 minutes later
though it seems routine what if thy suspect this scenario, by false allegations, custody, disgruntled girlfriend makes a phone call,etc.or they think you're not taking you full allotment of a pain killer. Can they start checking levels arbitrarily. I'm in Ca. Remember there was no chain of custody procedure. He is on ssdi for chronic pain and severe anxiety, PTSD. The doc said he will have to choose between the pain meds [norco] and the anxiety med [xanax] Same doctor has prescribed fo many yrs. Said the federalies are cracking down.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Yes, they can start checking levels arbitrarily. So it is best not to take any drugs you are not supposed to be taking.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T