Does Coveram cause rumbling in stomach,low BP and elevated sugar levels?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello, I have type 2 diabetes which I have kept under good control (6.1-6.2) always around 3.4 in the mornings. I had an inflated AST 151 & ALT 111, so was told I possible have a fatty liver, well I was to get more blood tests in 6 weeks, but was in alot of pain so went back & had the blood test as well as a stool test & all the hep tests etc. AST was down to 31 and ALT 59, Protein remained the same at 80 thru both tests, T Billirubin was 74,64, Cat Scan confirmed a Fatty infiltration & several areas of focal sparing seen adjacent to gaallbladder, the gallbladder had small sludge or micro calculi. The Pancreas was poorly seen due to overlying bowl gas but appeared normal. My stools have come nearly back to normal after being very pale, also my mouth has been constantly dry. My Doctor increased my blood pressure medication to Coveram 10/5. Now my questions are I am still very sick in the stomach from time to time & my stomach rumbles alot, my blood pressure is making me feel terrible as it is now 116/61 etc. & my Blood sugar levels are 7.5 in the mornings and remain around 8-10 in the day, when they rarely got up there before, so has the increased coveram pushed my blood pressure a bit low for what my body is used to & what has caused my blood sugar to spiral & stay there ?
Thank You
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer....you need revision of your blood pressure medicine
Detailed answer...
I have read your query properly and have understood your concern very well.
COVERAM 10/5 has perindopril and AMLODIPINE .
Your symptoms of rumblings in stomach,low blood pressure and elevated sugar levels seem to be due to side effect of PERINDOPRIL.
Dry mouth could be because of uncontrolled diabetes.
You must consult your doctor and discuss about your symptoms with him.
You need a change of your BP medicine.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks