• question-icon

Does Colchicine interact with Rosuvastatin?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: IS the use of colchicine for treatment of acute gout flare contraindicated with use of rosuvastatin or is the colchicine contraindicated while undergoing laminotomy,micro diskectomy and foramenotomy in a 68 year old male without underlying renal or hepatic disorders and otherwise in good health with metabolic syndrome?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
colchicine should not be used with rosuvastatin

Detailed Answer:

colchicine and rosuvastatin should not be used together as they may induce muscular injury (they're both toxic for the muscles) and they may also interact to increase the drugs' levels in the blood (therefore increasing the likelihood for side effects).
I don't know of any contraindication involving the procedures you've mentioned. Be sure to tell all the drugs you're using to the surgeon though...

I hope it helps!
Kind regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis