Does Clonazepam cause cognitive impairment?
I think you need to stop clonazepam
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
I have two suggestions for you.
First the clonazepam should be reconsidered as part of your prescription. It is well known fact across the medical sciences that long term use of benzodiazepines causes cognitive impairment and I am of the opinion that this particular part should be removed. This is important as many of your current complains are contributed by clonazepam if not caused completely.
Secondly if the forgetfulness and other things are of recent origin there is need to look beyond the possibility of ADD. I must acknowledge that AAD is most likely diagnosis but if the things are of recent origin or there is recent worsening we can not attribute to them with ADD.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can cognitive impairment be reversed
- Mild cognitive impairment causes
- Significant cognitive impairment causes
- Drugs for mild cognitive impairment
- Cognitive impairment/dementia causes
- What is the cause and treatment for cognitive impairment
- Treatment and cure for cognitive impairment
- Mild cognitive impairment treatment
- Cognitive impairment causes
- Symptoms of cognitive impairment
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?