Does Ciprobay affect HIV test results?
I m sorry for my bad english,before 4 months a woman performing oral sex to me.
I tested for hiv, vdrl, herpes after12weeks and it was all negative.
I retested after 16weeks and it was all negative and i don t have any symptomes.
The probleme i take ciprobay before this exposure until now because i have probleme in prostata ,my question is can be the result of my test is false negative because i take ciprobay?
Will not alter test results.
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details.
The chances of transmission of HIV/STDs by oral sex is almost nil. The tests for HIV is repeatedly negative. It is negative after 3 months and 16 weeks.So you can allay fears of HIV.
Ciprobay /ciprofloxacin does not alter the test results.
Unlikely to have Herpes/syphilis with tests being negative and with no symptoms after 16 weeks.
You can allay fears of HIV/STDs.
You can get back for any clarification.
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of HIV through protected sex?
- Suggest treatment for 4 enlarged lymph nodes on groin area
- What causes burning sensation while urination post Azithrocin intake?
- How is ebola virus transmitted?
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis tip
- What causes burning sensation in peins after having sex?
- What causes elevated heart rate?
- What do small sores on penis indicate?
- How accurate is a CMIA HIV test done at 38 days?
- What causes burning sensation around the lips?