Does Cephalexin interact with Nitrofurantoin?
No harm if taken concomitantly as there is no pharmacologic interaction!
Warm Welcomes. I appreciate your trust in HCM and assure you are on best portal on the globe for expert online medical services.
I have thoroughly reviewed health query you raised, and well realize all of those concerns. Being your physician, I will take care all of them today and will extend my expertise to solve the problems.
There is no pharmacological interaction between the two drugs and there is no harm if taken concomitantly.
But I must add here that she may also discontinue NITROFURANTOIN and just start CEPHALEXIN as it has dual coverage and benefits. CEPHALEXIN will not only cover her Respiratory infection, it is also one of the best ones for Genitourinary infections.
But before discontinuing any drugs ask her Physician first.
Hope I addressed all the concerns you have. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be more than happy to clear any doubts. Please give your 'rating' (if agreed, Five Stars) to help me assist patients in a better way; and, please don't forget to click on 'Close The Discussion'.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up is necessary regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is a need to change treatment options. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Always write down my name in start of your questions at this forum & I will be with you in no time).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for indigestion and gastric problem
- What causes red patch on glans penis?
- What causes swelling in ankles and foot?
- Suggest remedy for pain in testicles
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- What does my urine analysis test report indicate?
- What causes blood in urine with flank pain?
- Suggest remedy for rashes on penis
- Suggest remedy for kyphosis
- Suggest treatment for pain and pulled muscle in lower back