Does Celexa cause one to make hasty decisions?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been on Celexa for quite a few years. I feel as if I am more app to make hasty decisions then I use to and be more quick to decide without thinking things thru. Can this med do this.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

No, this medication does not cause these problems. They are likely related to stress, anxiety, or age.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 8 minutes later
What would cause impulsive decisions at 64 years of age. I am concerned that I talk much more than necessary and make decisions too quickly
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
This is likely due to life circumstances and stressors, not due to medication. I would encourage seeking out psychotherapy to discuss these changes and the environmental stressors leading to them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad