Does Caudal back injection cause vertebrae damage or compression fracture?
No. It would not cause either
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. A caudal injection will not cause either of these problems. There may be some superficial bruising in the area of the caudal injection for 24 hours that may cause some discomfort but this should rapidly resolve.
I hope this is of help. If I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me with further details and questions.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Facet joint problem possibly.
Your muscle spasms may be caused by a facet joint problem. These are the small joints that allow movements between vertebrae. You may be developing the early signs of arthritis in these joints. This is a relatively common cause of chronic back pain in your age group.
I suggest you see an orthopedic specialist for further investigation such as an MRI.
Treatment would be pain relief with paracetamol and ibuprofen alrhough I assume you have tried this. Keep active with walking and swimming if possible. Do not take bed rest. Specific treatment for a facet joint problem is steroid and local anesthetic injections into the facet joints. These usually give 3 to 6 months of relief.
Finally, exercises to build up your core muscle strength will support your lower back and reduce the chance that twisting actions will exacerbate the pain.
I hope this helps you.
Dr K A Pottinger
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do compression fractures cause leg pain
- L3 vertebrae compression fracture
- Do compression fractures l1 in the back cause pain in legs
- Compression fracture l2 vertebrae
- Compression fracture l1 vertebrae
- Compression fracture back pain
- Compression fracture physiotherapy exercise
- Compression fracture of the thumb
- Compression fracture sex problems
- Compression fracture of vertebrae symptoms