Does Carvedilol cause nightmares?

Rheumatologist
Question

My 89 year old mother is in a skilled nursing care facility recovering from a fractured pelvis. She also has neuropathy in feet. Her pain level is high. She is using 2 different pain relievers. Toradol and Lortab. Not at the same time. She can take the Toradol every 8 hours, and can take Lortab in between, if necessary.
She sometimes feels woozy and light headed. She awoke this morning from a terrible dream, which cause her much upset.
I feel this kind of side effect is caused by the Lortab, because of the way the medicine relieves pain. The Toradol, a NSAID, would not likely cause this kind of reaction. My thought is; stick to the toradol.
your input please........ XXXXXXX

your input please........ XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Carvedilol may be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

Carvedilol may cause terrible dream. Sometime loratab also cause same problem, Both need to discuss with your doctor and try to replace with other medicine one by one and see if there is any benefit.

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok