Does Carbazapine affect the sex drive?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: dose carbazapine effect your sex life????
what is avena sativa?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly carbazepine can rarely cause sexual disturbances, impotence and abnormal spermatogenesis (with decreased sperm count and/or motility) in 0.01% of patients using it..
Avena sativa is oat milky seeds and is believed to have stimulant effect on both men and women.. it enhances the blood flow so is used to improve erectile dysfunction and impotence .. it is taken as 10 drops under the tongue once or twice daily .. It is basically safe with no reported side effects.. I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng