• question-icon

Does Cannabis help cure chronic body pain?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Pain Management
Question: Is cbd oil any good for chronic pain?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend you give it a try!

Detailed Answer:

Cannabis has been shown to have analgesic properties. However, the evidence is still growing and far from being conclusive and very strong. Because you have tried almost every other pain medication and procedure with no huge success, it wouldn't be a bad idea to equally give this a try. If the results are great and promising, carry on. If they are not, There is nothing wrong with stopping, Trying is not a bad idea as this product doesn't have concerning side effects to the body.

Keep me updated as you give this a try. Until next, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Cannabidiol oil does seem (subjective of course) to give some pain relief over and above the opiods (which I am sure I've become too accustomed to) relief. I am currently using it at about 20mg every six hours. I am open to any suggestions to any method I can use to alleviate this constant debiliating pain. It seems that my back is slowly collapsing - I have lost two inches in height over the last twenty years. I have also intentionally lost about 50 lbs over the last year through diet and exercise. I have been successful keeping it off. The pyschiatrist I had been seeing for the stress and depression associated with all of this suggested meditation and I have kept up with that for the last 6 mos. I am an outdoors sort of guy and sorely miss all the activities that I used to enjoy. I am open to ANY suggestion that will help to decrease my pain levels!! My pain management group physicians have been at their wits end with my case. I live alone and the great majority of my friends have moved away which somewhat isolates me and it is so hard to make new ones these days. Again I am open to any suggestions!! TIA!
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give the CBD oil a try!

Detailed Answer:

1. I will recommend you continue with the CBD oil. This because you have reported a positive result towards pain control.

2. There is really no single pain medication that works for all. I will suggest you continue to work with your pain physicians as they explore other avenues to help address this.

3. So sorry that you live alone and most of your friends have moved. This can be difficult. Are they places for seniors/elderly that you can visit? This might offer an opportunity to meet and make new friends.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 minutes later
3. This is hard whilst still being in pain
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Am so sorry abput this...

Detailed Answer:

This is so sad. Hope your pain doctors get to figure a right combo to address your pain. Let me know how this plays out.

I await your updates.
Dr. Ivo Ditah