Does Bydureon cause heartburn, sleepiness and rapid heart rate

Question
My husband has been on Bydureon for 5 weeks and has experienced heartburn,sleepiness,
and not rapid heart rate, but the beats of the heart are stronger than normal for him and
sometimes he experiences a double beat. It even wakes him up. It does not occur very
frequently, mostly in a reclined position like laying in bed and only lasts seconds but it
is very disturbing to him because of his heart history or stents and bypass surgery. We
talked to his GP who put my husband on this medication and he did not think the medication
was causing this heart problem. These did not occur until he started this medication.
He also tires easily since on this medication.
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bydureon has know gastric side effects

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Bydureon contains exenatide which is know to produce gastric disturbances and there by sleep problems. bydureon has not much effect on heart.

When we are more alert or stressed results in feeling our own heart beat,which is normal . Bydureon has not much effect on heart.

With his past history of bypass better to get cardiac check up done.

Better to do relaxation exercises ( meditation) to reduce stress.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Follow-up: Does Bydureon cause heartburn, sleepiness and rapid heart rate 1 hour later
Thanks for your response. We will check with his cardiologist .

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Good health

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the follow up.

Wish him a good health.