Does Boniva help in healing broken femur?

Posted on Thu, 2 Apr 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a broken femur and am wondering if Boniva infusions quarterly will slow down the healing process or will it help my healing
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Switch to oral therapy.

Detailed Answer:
Bonivia infusions do help in reducing the bone resorption but increases the chances of osteonecrosis of jaw. It is better to switch to oral therapy for a year after consulting your physician. Oral therapy is associated with lesser risk and causes a better bone healing.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon