Does Betamethasone help cure psoriasis?
No rebound or withdrawal effect on stopping topical steroids
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
You won't have rebound or withdrawal phenomenon on stopping the use of topical steroids. Withdrawal phenomenon is usually seen on using high dose of oral steroids for a long duration.
Since psoriasis is a chronic disease so there is always a chance of relapse. To avoid it withdraw topical steroids slowly like use twice daily for few days. Once you notice improvement reduce to once daily for another few days and then twice weekly and then stop.
Can be used upto 3-4 weeks on the body
The instructions say to use it for 2 weeks but on the body it can be used for upto 3-4 weeks.
If psoriasis returns or you develop a new lesion you can use it without waiting for any period of time.
But if psoriasis is relapsing very frequently and with increased severity then you can consider going for other topical and oral medication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can humira cure psoriasis?
- Neurobion injection can cured psoriasis
- Azoran tablet to cure psoriasis
- Can kenalog 40 cure psoriasis?
- Shower with clorox can cure psoriasis
- Kerosene cures psoriasis
- How venusia helps in curing psoriasis
- Clonate will cure psoriasis
- Mudras to cure psoriasis
- Homeopathic cure psoriasis
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs