• question-icon

Does Benadryl interact with Zolpidem and Alprazolam?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi thank you! I'm trying to determine if I can mix Benadryl, Zolpodieiam, and Alazapram.? Seems like a lot and I just want to check -- minimum dosages on alll three medications

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:

I will not recommend that you mix all three medications. They all induce sleep and can really get you into a deep coma if used together. I will like to know if these were all prescribed by the same doctor and what the reasons for the medications were.

I hope to hear from you and will advise further following your response.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 21 minutes later
No, they have not all been prescribed by the same doctor. I'm cobbling together a protocol to deal with chronic anxiety which leaves me unable to sleep and my depression unbearable. Any of the three alone do not provide sleep, so I'm looking for alternatives. Can I use just the benadryl and the generic Ambien together (without the Alazapram) safely for sleep? AT what level would t become unsafe?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will go with Benadryl alone!

Detailed Answer:

I will go with one at a time. If you do not respond to that, I will then add other molecules progressively.

For now, 50mg of benadryl at bed time is recommended. If there is no response within 1week, then I will increase the dose/ or add another molecule.

I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah