Does Benadryl interact with Singulair?
Safe to take both diphenhydramine and montelukast together.
Hello and welcome,
I checked on 2 drug interaction data basis, and no interactions were found between Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Singulair (montelukast).
These 2 medications, while both are used for allergies, have different mechanisms of action. Benadryl is an antihistamine, meaning it blocks histamine receptors, and Singulair works on a different system (leukotrienes which are inflammatory mediators involved in allergies, asthma, and itching).
So it appears that it would be safe to take these 2 medications together.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis