Does BP medication cause cough and throat irritation?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that these symptoms are not a typical adverse effect of Valsartan, but an allergic reaction can not be excluded.
Coming to this point, I would recommend trying a calcium channel blocker (Amlodipine, Lercanidipine) or Hydrochlorothyazide to help maintain your blood pressure under control.
These drugs belong to different pharmacological classes and do not lead to these adverse effects.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Hope to have been helpful!
Wishing good health,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fumes causing throat irritation
- Throat irritation and cough
- Lower throat irritation causes
- Drugs/medication for throat irritation
- Chapati cause throat irritation
- Chronic throat irritation causes
- Constant throat irritation causes
- Throat irritation causes
- Minor throat irritation causes
- Is tonsillitis caused due to moxfloxacin medication for throat irritation