question-icon

Does Augmentin intake cause profuse sweating?

Posted on Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Question: I am taking Augmentin 875 mg twice a day for Bronchitis the last two days. After about an hour I break out in profuse sweating. My hair is almost soaking wet. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing in to us. It is least likely that taking Augmentin 875 is causing profuse sweating. However it is not unheard of that people taking Augmentin 875 have rarely reported sweating. Only sweating profusely does not require stopping the medication. However, if you are having associated anxiety, breathing difficulty or nausea then please contact your doctor for an alternative. It is also important to know if you ever felt any other side effects like rashes, diarrhea or vomiting. Please drink lots of water and fluids when taking antibiotics. Wishing you good health. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist