Does Arcoxia intake while trying to conceive cause any complications?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: HI, i am currently trying to conceive, i am currently ovulating but i am worried because i tool a dose of 120mg for three days. My last pill was today in the morning. I do not know if i should wait or should try to get pregnant during this time.
Sorry i did not especify that i took a dose of arcoxia.
Thank you

XXXX
Answered by Dr. S Patra 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TRY FOR PREGNANCY. STOP MED AFTER MISSED PERIOD.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comment:

1) ARCOXIA contains Etoricoxib as active ingredient & used as Anti-rheumatics. It SHOULDN'T be taken following positive pregnancy test result and throughout the pregnancy period. It is CONTRAINDICATED.

2) However, it is NOT harmful while you are trying to conceive or be pregnant. Fetal Organogenesis starts from 5th week onwards. Therefore, you can try for pregnancy in this cycle and should STOP the medicine soon after missed period.

3) You should take Vitamin and FOLIC acid supplements for at least 3 months when you are trying to conceive and thereafter.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj