Does Agent Orange lead to dementia and cancer?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: My husband went to Vietnam and got Asian orange he cancer but has been in remission for over 20yrs thanks to Lord Jesus he also has post traumatic stress memory loss lots of confusion partings des ease schoseffective disorder axiexty(sorry spelling words wrong very upset) now they the VA hospital in XXXXXXX shocks me with he now has dementia with Lewy bodies can they be wrong
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
'Agent Orange' cancer and anxiety disorder in Vietnam soldiers.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i must assure you, your husband isn't alone with these symptoms.
Among soldiers who served in the Vietnam war, there was a chemical herbicide, code named "AGENT ORANGE", which was used as a chemical spray from helicopters , airplanes, tanks, and backpacks of soldiers.
Being a chemical agent, later it was found to be associated with a type of cancer in some soldiers, with rashes, stress, psychological disorders, and various other diseases.
The U.S. govt. was asked to make a compensatory payment of about 200 million dollars, to the soldiers, according to court verdict, in 1997-98.
The dementia and cancer related to 'Agent Orange", is what your doctor would have told you. You can clarify with them, and also claim the compensation due.
Hope your doubts are cleared.
Wishing your husband has good health.