Does Advil help cure muscle spasms?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi my husband woke up last night right after he had wet the bed. he is only 33 years old and in good shape and health, and had only drank coffee and water before bed. He was upset and embarrassed. He says he don't remember dreaming anything before it happened. Should he go to a doctor? How concerned should I be? He is currently taking muscle relaxers and 800 mg advil for a pulled muscle in his back and eh took both before bed.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
This can be due to deep sleep with over distended bladder

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the fact that you have posted your husband who is in a good state of health has passed urine involuntary in bed for the first time .

Looking at the facts he had taken coffee before going to bed which acts like a diuretic this could be due to over distention of bladder with he being in deep sleep has resulted in passing urine in bed without his knowledge .

Since this is first episode it should be taken as an accident .However if it repeats again he may need to consult qualified General Physician .Following general measures will help to avoid recurrence of same problem in future
1) Avoid drinking hot or cold beverages like coffee,aerated drinks before going to bed
2) Restrict or reduce drinking water after evening
3) Empty bladder before going to bed

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D