Does Adipex interact with Marijuana?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello I have a question regarding marijuana. I smoke everyday for my leg. It really helps with the pain. Ive had two knee surgeries and I really need to lose weight but my leg isnt going to let me run like I used to. I know smoking is no good for respratory functions. But id like to take diet pills even if,only for a month maybe 2 at the most. Will the marijuana negatively affect the pills I would be taking like adapex? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Well,marijuana won't have some effect on Adipex and there are no known interactions between these two. However,the efficiency of Adipex is questionable and it won't have results if you don't change you diet and exercise level.Also, I don't know what type of leg issue there is but marijuana as analgesic is not the best option since it may lead to addiction,respiratory and mental issues and there are other medications available. Wish you good health.regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad