Does Acetaminophen interact with Warfarin?
My INR was off the charts, so high they could not get a reading. Any interaction? Also have been taking
mirtazapine 1.5mg tablet at bedtime. Also primidone 250mg 1/2 tablet 3 times a day. What is likely to have caused the elevated INR? No changes in diet, etc. Have been on warfarin 10 years so am well aware of what causes problems. The bruising is tremendous.
Need to remove acetaminophen. Possible interaction at present
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Percocet contain oxycodone and acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is known to interact with warfarin.
2. At this low dose, effect even though less, is known to occur.
3. Studies have shown that Moderate to high dose of acetaminophen while receiving warfarin results in supra therapeutic INR in few patients.
4. Additionally, increased liver enzymes suggests hepatic damage, which could increase acetaminophen presence and hence, increased INR.
Oxycodone alone can be tried, rather than in combination with acetaminophen. Do discuss with your doctor regarding it. Once liver enzymes return to normal, acetaminophen, if necessary can be started again at low dose.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does piriton interact with warfarin
- Does hcg interact with warfarin
- Does nandrolone interact with warfarin
- Primoloute n warfarin interaction
- Warfarin primolute n interaction
- Interactions with niacin warfarin
- Instaflex interaction with warfarin
- Hcg drops and warfarin interaction
- Acetaminophen and alcohol interaction
- Warfarin interactions with human growth hormone
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- What are symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for brooke-spielger syndrome
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and high TSH levels
- What causes fluctuating body temperature after pneumonia?
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation
- What causes nausea and pain when suffering from esophagitis?
- Suggest treatment for pain after suffering from shingles
- Suggest treatment for aspiration problem
- What causes loss of sense of taste?