Does Accupressure helps in PCOS cure? Shall I try this
No, It is completely useless and unscientific.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor Service.
PCOS is a multifactorial genetic disorder. Such disorders can not be cured by any means, let alone some pseudoscience like accupressure.
I would request you to think critically about it, how can the DNA in cells in the ovary be affected by some pressure that is applied on the body?
It is just simply not possible for there to be any benefit.
Please consult and endocrinologist and a gynecologist as in PCOS it is very common to have glucose intolerance (diabetes) as PCOS is a systemic metabolic disorder.
There are numerous studies which have shown that accupressure is absolutely useless in PCOS.
I hope that answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...