Does AZO work for yeast infections?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am confused about yeast tablets by AZO. Using as a preventative medicine. Is it something that a body might need like a supplement? The last time that I tried to use it, I ended up at the doctors office with a bladder infection. Tonight I took two vitamin C, as I was told it would help flush bacteria. Feeling a little burn irritation and want to stop in tracks at bedtime. It feels vaginal but these little irritants have me confused as to where it is. So every time it does this I tend to want to treat both bladder and vaginal. Plus pull out my hair lol.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no evidence that AZO works

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. AZO Yeast Plus is intended to help relieve the symptoms of vaginal and yeast infections but please be informed that there have been no studies done to determine if it will cure an active vaginal or yeast infection. So, there is no point in using it as a preventive medicine.

Vitamin C is good. But it does not really help in flushing out bacteria. If you want the urinary bacteria to be flushed out, you need to drink plenty of water.

Rather than self medication like this, it would be advisable to see a doctor when you develop any sort of complaints. Your complaints could be due to an urinary tract infection. Such an infection can be confirmed by getting urine routine microscopy with culture sensitivity done. In case of such an infection you need to drink plenty of water. Depending on the urine reports you might to take appropriate antibiotics.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana