Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Doctors, My kid has accidentally ingested around 50ml of harpic.

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3927 Questions

default
Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Doctors, My kid has accidentally ingested around 50ml of harpic. My wife had immediately rushed her to hospital and the doctor gave medication (neutraliser type )and said nothing to worry. however I'm not convinced as she was not made to vomit or given any treatment like flushing out contents from stomach. kindly advise what the doctor had given is the right treatment or do we need to do something more for her treatment. Also please confirm if this will have any long term impact in her body like indigestion, ulcer, eye problem or anything else.
doctor
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
When was the ingestion

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

Thanks for your query.

How long after consuming the harpic was she taken to the doctor ?
How has it been til now ?

What was the medication advised by the doctor ?

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX Immediately within 10 minutes of ingestion, she was taken to hospital. she is fine and stable now. She is taking medication as per the prescription now. we are doing a follow up visit today also. please find the medical prescription attached for your reference. Also please confirm, if there will be any long term impact like indigestion, ulcer etc due to this incident. Regards Guru
doctor
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

There is no need to worry.

For sure there will be no long term complications.

Usually cleaning liquids which have phenol compounds will have acute problems like gastric erosion . This happens few hours of ingestion. If the baby is stable now. I would suggest you to not worry.

Wish you good health.

Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on