Doctor; Occasionally my tongue swells, usually on only one side
Also occasionally, some portion of the bottom of a foot or both swells, usually part of heel or arch.
Symptoms come on fairly suddenly and last up to 12 hrs. Frequency varies . Once a month to once every 6 months.
Probably an allergic reaction, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to an allergic reaction.
This diagnosis can also be related to the swelling of the feet.
I recommend doing some examinations to confirm the diagnosis.
An allergy test
Ig E blood level
Meanwhile, I recommend using antihistamines daily such as Levocetirizine 10 mg daily.
I also recommend to use antihistamine mouth rinses to relieve the swelling of the tongue.
If the symptoms continue you should consult an ENT specialist for a physical examination.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?