Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

120 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Do whitish nodules near the glossopalatine arch require medical attention?

Answered by
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 2850 Questions

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Elderly Problems
Question: I have a small whitish nodule on the corner of my glossopalantine arch. I just noticed it about a week ago, and naturally I'm concerned. Should I see dentist or doctor?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ENT doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I recommend seeing an ENT physician (ear nose throat specialist). Dentists can diagnose diseases of the mouth, and may be able to diagnose this one too, but it is far enough back that an ENT doctor might be best.

If you can't get in to see an ENT doctor soon, then I would recommend seeing a dentist, but make an appointment with an ENT doctor anyway. You can always cancel it later if you don't need it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on