Do vertigo, tiredness and intermittent left arm tingling require medical attention?

Question
I’ve had vertigo on and off for two weeks I am also very tired and run down my left arm tingles also on and off.
Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some explanations given and advises

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

There are several causes for the symptoms you have and a very common one is if you are having a viral infection that causes the vertigo and the fatigue. The tingling does not seem to be worrisome if it is not constant but a feeling that comes and goes.
Also anxiety can cause all, vertigo, fatigue and sensations like tingling and numbness.

The above diagnosis are the most common and most likely ones but there are other conditions that need to be considered and a good medical visit is needed to have a thorough examination and determine the most likely cause of it.

I would say it is best to see your doctor especially if the vertigo goes beyond the second week and have a full check with him/her.

On the other hand if you have not checked your blood in the last 2 years you might also need a TSH (to check the thyroid), sugar test, CBC (for anemia), etc.

The drugs you are taking are both in the same family (anithistamines) and they both can cause fatigue (benadryl more than meclizine). Please discuss with your doctor if these are contributing to some of your symptoms.

I hope this gives answers to your questions but please feel free to reply to this message if anymore clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD