Do tremors in hands and legs suggest Parkinson's disease?
I cant write properly, unable to hold anything...all times vibrate
Certain medications like levodopa and carbidopa can be helpful
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Our brain sends signals to the relevant muscles to make a movment. But our movements are actually coordinated at multiple levels. We see and anticipate the space around us. Our sense of balance gives us an orientation about the posture and position of various parts of our body. The inner ear, the cerebellum (a part in the back of our brain) and the basal ganglia (another part inside our brain) play the major role in such a coordination. When the balance of neurotransmitters in the basal ganglia gets disturbed, Parkinson's Disease results and the problems in movement and the tremors occur. Certain medications like levodopa and carbidopa can help you gain better control over the situation. You need to talk to your treating physician so that he can prescribe them in appropriate doses.
Hope that helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Could worsening of body tremors be symptom of parkinsons disease
- Suggest treatment for parkinsons disease
- What treatment is suggested for parkinson disease
- Cold hands due to parkinsons disease
- Bruising on parkinson disease tremor hand?
- Sudden weakness in legs and parkinsons disease
- Hand exercises for parkinsons disease
- Treatment for parkinsons disease shivering in hands
- Is there any difference between kinetic tremor and parkinsons disease
- Parkinsons disease cold hands help
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation