Do titanium implants cause electric shock sensation in the body?

Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I got constant electric current like feeling in the body,because of that i cannot sleep well. Also burning sensation in the mouth.is it because of titanium implant i got recently?
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Shouldn't be related to implant

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I wish you had been more precise about where the titanium implant was inserted, titanium implants are used in different areas, dental, hip etc. I am gonna assume you mean a dental implant.

In any case (even if in another area) I do not think the titanium implant is responsible, it doesn't cause such a combination of symptoms like yours. If a dental implant then perhaps an allergy might be considered for the mouth sensation, but doesn't explain the electric current feeling. Also I see from your past questions you've had abnormal sensations in the mouth even 8-9 months ago, which I suppose is before the implant.

I would say the most likely cause for those symptoms is anxiety. Some blood tests however, to screen for metabolic issues, infections, anemia are recommended (routine tests such as blood count, ESR, liver and kidney function, electrolyte panel).

I remain at your disposal for other questions.