Do the igA levels fluctuate frequently?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello, I recently had blood work done and my iga level was 61. They repeated the test along with my other immunoglobulins. They all came back normal including my iga that had raised up to 78 which was in normal range. Can iga levels fluctuate / temporarily drop due to everyday circumstances?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Specific information

Detailed Answer:
Yes.
Daily variation of immunoglobulin is known.
A presence of the antigen releases them.
If you move away from the problem antigen the levels can reduce.
I am unable to answer more specifically as the clinical details are not mentioned.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 31 minutes later
Hello thanks for your reply. Can I assume that I do not have an iga deficiency and that the first lab result of 61 could be a normal variation seen?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
yes.
however , why did u think of iga deficiency?