Do sudden bouts of lightheadedness and pressure sensation in the forehead require medical attention?

Neurologist
Question

I randomly have sudden bouts of lightheadedness (not dizziness/vertigo), but more a pressure/fog in the front and top of my head, and it will typically last for weeks (recently, its been every night). I had a CT of my head when this started (about 2 years ago) and had an allergy test (came back negative). I noticed thag flonase would relieve it (it used to atleast). The allergist prescribed azelastine to see if it helps. Im wondering what this could be if not a tumor in my skull and not an allergy...anxiety or general sinus irritation maybe? All i know is that its quite debiliating.

Thank you,
XXXX
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment as advised and provide more clinical details

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
This maybe tension type or migraine headache if brain imaging is negative.
Is there any throbbing, nausea, vomiting,s sensitivity to light or sound?
Any sleep disturbances?
Drugs like amitriptyline or sertraline may help.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Follow-up: Do sudden bouts of lightheadedness and pressure sensation in the forehead require medical attention? 59 minutes later
Sleep disturbance - the only thing is waking up to early sometimes. I do get nauseous but not sensitive to light (ive never thrown up from this) .

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment as suggested

Detailed Answer:
Possibility of tension type headache is likely.
Take timely meals, adequate breakfast.
Amitriptyline can be initiated with consultation and prescription of a neurologist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar

Follow-up: Do sudden bouts of lightheadedness and pressure sensation in the forehead require medical attention? 20 hours later
Do tension headaches produce the "traditional" headache as well? Ive never had a headache accompany this. Its just the pressure/brainfog .

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tension type headache

Detailed Answer:
Yes, tension type headache may present with such symptoms too.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar