question-icon

Do small bumps on the uvula require medical attention?

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018
Question: I’ve had this small bump on the uvula for quite sometime and it has never grown. Could it be something to be concerned with?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson (19 minutes later)
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Brief Answer:
looks benign

It looks like a benign cyst but it would be a good idea to have your dentist or doctor take a look at it in person. If they have any doubt then they could do a biopsy to make sure it is nothing to worry about.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Kathy Robinson