Do side effects of oral chemo tablets start right away?
Gastro-intestinal side effects yes...
Some of the side effects (i.e. gastrointestinal) would start straight away (within a few hours of starting the oral chemo tablets.
While, other side effects (involving other organs) will start within few days of starting the treatment.
All the best!
If you need further clarifications, do not hesitate to write me back!
If current health status is ok,can be taken....
Hi back my dear,
Before deciding for an oral chemo, doctors would evaluate the general health status of the patient together a deep analysis of the reports of lab tests and previous medical history.
The doctors will also analyze the benefits, side effects or possible complications from the use of oral chemo.
After all these evaluations, it will be decided if to go for oral chemo.
If he had a previous heart attack or pulmonary embolism, but, for the moment, the patient's heart and lung condition is fine; then, can go for oral chemo. Otherwise, it is not advised.
All the best!
But his gp want to put him
Back on asprin to thin the blood to reduce risk of further attack or clots. Can asprin be taken
Aspirin can be used along with oral chemo...
First, it is not GP to decide for chemo, but, Oncologist. GP will prescribe what oncologist will decide to prescribe.
Second, has the patient undergone any surgery for colon cancer?
If yes, then, baby aspirin will not only prevent clots and further attack, but will help, hopefully, reduce the chances for re-occurrence.
Otherwise, aspirin has shown good results in prevent the disease from spreading.
Hope it answered to your queries!
If anything unclear, do write me back!
Yes, can start aspirin...
Yes, can start aspirin unless other health problems detected from his doctor. If no problem, then can take aspirin along with oral chemo.
Observe if any side effect will occur.
All the best and God bless!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes hives and itching after taking Synthroid?
- Can yeast show up in blood culture without a yeast infection?
- Suggest treatment for primary orthostatic tremor
- What causes extra skin hanging off of the labia?
- Could shoulder pain and digestive issues be a depression symptom?
- What causes dry cough causing chest and arm pain?
- What causes swollen throat even after zitromax intake for pharyngitis?
- Suggest alternative of norpace CR for irregular heart beats
- What causes uncontrollable shaking in body?
- Is a red and yellow spot on leg,a spider bite?