Do pimples on the inner thigh indicate herpes?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 25 Mar 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Afraid i may have herpes? 10 days ago on my inner thigh i had 2 small marks that looked like pimples. They went away over night. Did not hurt. 10 days later one spot is back around the same area? Does not hurt either and is almost gone this evening. Could this be herpes?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very unlikely to be herpes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this rash that you have reported. There is no herpes that would resolve within 48hours. Herpes always stays and resolve within 7-10days. It causes ulcers with clean bases, very tender and is very far from what you described. If this next occurs, please send an image to me for review and more insights.

I wil suggest you step up your personal hygiene. Keep the pubic area clean, dry and airy. Avoid humidity as this is a strong favoring factor.

I hope this helps, I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel fee to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Here is what it looked lke 10 days ago. This was gone by the am. This afternoon noticed one of the same type mark around the same area( inner thigh). Thank you in adavnce! i
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Never herpes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the image.

This looks more like an allergy. If there are any products you just started using, please stop and observe.

Under no circumstances could this be herpes. Definitely never.

I wish you well and let me know what your initial thoughts on any new products are.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
I have not changed any soaps or detergents. Your response makes me feel alot better. I do have really sensitive skin though. I was just worried beacuse the mark today (that is practically gone now) is in the same area. I have read so much on line about herpes and was afraid of a mild case?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
That is not herpes! Be calm and relaxed about it!

Detailed Answer:

Your rash is really not herpes. Be calm, relaxed and confident about the fact that you have no herpes.. If you have any further worries, I am right here to assist you.