Do peptide amino acid shots help in treating injuries?

Posted on Fri, 16 Dec 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: have you heard of a peptide amino acid shots to help injuries? Specifically one called BPC-157. Do you know if it is safe?
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can definitely try it

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the query.

There is this new group of medicines called peptide amino acids that are basically cell binding proteins and are supposed to work well.

But these treatment modalities are still under experimental stages and guaranteed results have still not been reported in human beings.

They won't cause your body any harm for sure,but the results depend on lots of factors including your age,your immunity,the extent of injury etc.

BPC 157 won't interact with the other medicines that you have been taking and you can take it pretty safely.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any further doubts that you may have.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon