Do patients with depression suffer from schizophrenia?
very rare possibility
Thanks for writing to us.
Depression and schizophrenia are totally different disorders. Many patients with schizophrenia can suffer from depression in long run due to their psychotic process as well as cognitive disturbance. However pre-existing depression cannot cause schizophrenia. Yes it is possible that in few patients with depression schizophrenia may occur but depression is not the cause.
Hope this answer will help. If further clarification and guidance are required, please revert back to me with history of patient and symptoms in details.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffer from schizophrenia causes
- Diagnosis of Suffer from schizophrenia
- Symptoms of Suffer from schizophrenia
- Is my mother suffering from schizophrenia
- 24 years lady suffering from depression and may be schizophrenia
- Is my brother suffering from schizophrenia
- Cannabis smoking psychosis schizophrenia depression social anxiety ocd
- Why am i depressed and have developed schizophrenia
- Brain bleed depression schizophrenia effective disorder suggestion
- Treatment and cure for Suffer from schizophrenia
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation