Do painful boils on the scrotum suggest cancer?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Cancer
Question: Are boils on the scrotum canceres. I have a huge boil next my scrotum when I tried popping it it spread back into my scrotum areA. Now I have a huge what looks like a boil and hurts like a boil on my right sac. Next to the other boil.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like a cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From the description you have provided it looks like sebaceous cysts, some of which may have got infected. It does not appear to be cancer to me. Course of antibiotics and pain medication sounds good.

Even the one which has not come to head yet will most likely do so in 1-2 days. There is nothing to worry as long as you follow your doctor's advice.

Hope this helps. I will be available for followup.
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist