Do pain and tenderness on the right leg after an accident require immediate medical attention?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I fell and hit my head, broke my nose and injured my rt. leg on the 26th. Have been to the ER, Primary Care, back to ER and then to ENT & plastic surgeon. The skin was broken on my lower rt. shin and appears to be healing with the use of Betadine at home. My concern is that my rt. leg is getting more painful and is red for about 8 inches above the contusion and very warm to the touch. Can this wait until I see my primary care physician on XXXXXXX 2nd for a pre-op visit? My e-mail address is; YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be an infection.

Detailed Answer:
The pain and swelling in the area can be due to an infection that will need proper prescription antibiotics. In case the swelling and pain is gradually increasing or you feel any numbness or tingling in the toes then you need to attend an ER otherwise you can wait for your visit on 2nd.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal